Sunday, April 5, 2009

3 dimensional characters?!

I am making a clay, 3 dimensional sculpture of one of my little, stubby-legged characters. I'm planning on putting this character in a cigar box I built. The box is made out of translucent corrugated plastic. This is for my DIY class, but it's also for me. Exciting!
here's the rough prototype for the box:
and here's the in progress sculpture:
self-hardening clay smells incredibly bad.

In other news:
I went running today. It was the perfect temperature (65 degrees), but it was hellaciously windy. I actually felt like I was moving backwards when I was running up Bolton Street into the wind. I saw a lot of weird things on my trip... namely, a dead rat the size of a cat, a couple screaming at each other and threatening to kill one another with various kitchen appliances on North Avenue, an old man with wispy purple hair, and a whole bunch of smoking children. It was a friggin' freak show out there.
What a great run.

I went to Giant around 7 tonight. The lines were long. My check-out clerk almost gave me a hug for bagging my own groceries. I kind of assumed that was just something you do when there isn't a bagger working and the store is that crowded. Then, when I wheeled my purchases out into the parking lot, I discovered a creepy man leaning face first on my car. So, that was weird.

The end!

tomorrow is my Mom's birthday.

No comments: