Wednesday, October 1, 2008

cork pants and triangle teeth

This is the in-progress, retouched version of this sketch. I brought it in to class today and got some feedback, but most of it was pretty bogus, honestly. That might be in part because they were viewing it on the computer screen and couldn't see what was what, or it might also be because they are silly and don't realize there is going to be an accompanying article and spot illustrations. Or maybe it sucks?

Either way, I'm please with how it's shakin' out. I'm also super excited about using textures in my digital coloring. I've been thinking about doing it for years now, but just havent gotten around to scanning or photographing good textures to use. UNTIL NOW.


His pants are cork, but since it looks so much like asphalt, I might end using it as the background.

In other news, it seems that I won't be receiving my order from Zazzle in time. So that's frustrating and troublesome. I guess my grade will just have to take one for the team this time. Thanks a lot, Zazzle.

EDIT (10/7/08): Turns out my Zazzle order showed up at my back door 10 minutes before i needed to leave for class! it worked out perfectly. everything looked great. I havent tried to wash them yet because my teacher collected them (for some reason). Zazzle gets my approval.

No comments: