Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Russell and Nancy

This is Russell. Russell is an embittered government worker. He works in the police annex in downtown Lexington, Kentucky. He issues permits, driver's licenses, and administers vision tests. Russell is an extremely unpleasant fellow, and one can easily tell this within the first 4 seconds of meeting him.

Here I have drawn Russell using his government issued powers to smite an eager youth that crossed his path. His skin has grown sallow and thin due to internal decay and lack of sunlight.

This is the full-page drawing that illustrates the way it felt to procure my driver's license. It could also be used in a teen magazine perhaps. The piece was done for my Imaging from Culture class to illustrate a "coming of age ritual or right of passage".





This is a spot illustration of Russell.

He says words like "Terrible" and "Fail". He doesn't know how to express normal human emotions.

He enjoys smoothing down his comb-over incessantly and wiping his eye gunk under his desk while students take their permit tests.








This is another spot illustration, but of Nancy this time. Nancy fails people on whims, making bogus accusations of rolling stops.

Nancy and I waited as an entire family with a dog and toddler crossed the street at the crosswalk in front of my car. She then stated that I had made a rolling stop at that same stop sign and that I should just "head on back to the garage" because I'd failed.

I stared at her in total disbelief.
She was mad with power.

Perhaps her high pants were cutting off circulation to her better judgment.

Listening to:
Blur - Good Song
Blur - On The Way To The Club

No comments: