Friday, September 26, 2008

told you so

I was serious when i said i'd be posting some art on here soon. I plan on being more prompt with documenting my work in the future.


This is a stellated octahedron. I learned how to fold it in middle school math class. I've started folding them and turning them into ornaments. I made many of these last winter as small gifts. I like making them. This particular green/gold one is made using all one type of wrapping paper. However, i've made others with variegated papers and they're super neat. I gave all those ones away, but i plan on folding up some multicolored ones as soon as i have some time. Each ornament takes 12 separate pieces of folded paper.


This is just to give you a sense of the scale. This is the largest ornament i make. I've also been known to fold up itty bitty ones. they're more taxing on the fingertips, but they're about as cute as paper can get.


This is a book cover i made for last semester's Photo Imaging class. I just never got around to posting it. I'm pleased with how it came out. The back cover consists of another photograph taken from the inside of the plane, looking out.


This is a very recent illustration i made for my Imaging from Culture class. It has to do with tattoos and their role in history and the development of cultures. I might add another whole panel with more tattooed people on it. I had a lot of fun with this. Below is a close up of my Polynesian man.

No comments: