Thursday, February 12, 2009

French floods and mangled men

Here are some drawings I do during class. I don't feel like they really need explanations.

I've been very interested in old photos documenting natural disasters, especially floods. One of my teachers was giving out stacks of old postcards last class and I was fortunate enough to end up with one containing pictures of a flood in Paris during 1856 (last image in the post). So surreal. Floods are bizarre looking in themselves, but captured in old film, they look downright dreamy.

I have been re-reading The Professor and the Madman since winter break (it's been taking me way too long). But it had me thinking about the atrocities committed during war. and I was researching some stuff when I ended up here . Keep in mind... this site is not for the faint of heart. I'm just very interested in this type of long term plastic surgery. I wonder what kinds of lives these men led after their service.


No comments: