Friday, February 20, 2009

bienfang

Nolan came for visits on February 13th. He was here 'til Tuesday (the 17th). It was good and great and fun. We had a belated Valentines feast at Akbar, a local Indian place. It was the most delicious meal I've ever eaten. The snooty waiter told us we were ordering too much bread. HE WAS WRONG! It was a very reasonable quantity for a meal of such grand proportion. We took leftovers home.

Then my grandad died.
He had smoked when he was younger and got lung cancer, which then spread to his brain. I've spent the week briefly crying in awkward locations. Like in the grocery store today when my mom called me. Earlier in the week, I went out and bought a bag of life saver mints, brought it home, then cowered over it, holding the pile of individually wrapped mints and weeping. He loved those fucking mints. He used them to help him quit smoking when I was little. I guess he just didn't quit soon enough.

I know we all die. It's inevitable. It's just a shame that he died such an avoidable death.

Enough words. Time for pictures!

I am currently working on a TON of illustration related projects. In fact, I'm drawing things for 4 our of 5 of my classes. Most of the stuff isn't in a stage where I would like to post it yet, but... here's some Mushrooms from the mushroom coloring book i'm making. These pages aren't done yet. I'm thinking about drawing them sprouting out of the tops of peoples heads. I think that would be more fun to color than just plain ole shroomies. These by themselves are a bit of a bore.












I've also been doodling a lot lately in class. Perhaps too much. Here's some evidence:

No comments: