Thursday, December 4, 2008

oh god, my eyes!

We are working with middle schoolers in my Graphic Design class to create t-shirts for them. The shirts are supposed to deal with environmental or political issues that the kids feel are important. I got paired up with a boy that felt our country's 2 party dominance blows and is destroying democracy. He feels that the 2 main parties are overpowering in wealth and popularity, completely forcing out any other 3rd party opinions. On the piece of paper I got from him, he wrote "it's unamerican because it prevents these independent parties from being recognized"

So. I made a bunch of designs for him, but these ones are the favorites:

1 comment:

summa smiff said...

Dearest ellen:

Though I have not seen your blog for some time now, I just now perused through it entirely. Your perpetually pleasant doodles have now become exceptional examples of illustration.

Yours,
Susanna P. Quiltwaffle

aka summer.